We, as members of the Society of Decorative Painters, in order to encourage interest in and appreciation for the art of decorative painting and provide encouragement and support of the Society itself, do pledge our adherence to this code of ethical behavior. The Society’s code is an expression of its members’ determination to maintain high professional standards and the conscience of the individual who subscribes to this code is the only guarantee of its effectiveness. I pledge myself:
- To promote a climate of genuine respect, mutual cooperation and friendship among all members
- To seek and maintain associations with fellow members for the purpose of creating a friendly atmosphere in which the free exchange of opinions, ideas and knowledge will be mutually beneficial and enjoyable.
- To understand the necessity for mutual cooperation among all members: students, teachers, shop owners, authors, publishers, manufacturers and distributors, recognizing the diversity of philosophies, painting methods, techniques and media that make the Society unique.
- To maintain the highest standard of honesty and to assure that all promotion and advertising shall be free of claims that are false, misleading or disparaging of others.
- To recognize the primary purpose of the Society’s emblem is to promote or stimulate interest in the art of decorative painting, and the use of this emblem reflects the reputation of the Society itself.
- To be aware of and comply with all copyright laws both as they pertain to the misuse of artwork created by another and as they pertain to the reproduction of patterns, drawings, books, designs and all published materials.
- To conduct myself with courtesy, thoughtfulness and fairness to others.
- To adhere faithfully to this code of ethics and by good example inspire my fellow members to do likewise.
Printable PDF - 52kb
Will open in a new window. Close window to return to this page.